Since 2004, CMG has spearheaded an effort to design a new reading center for supermarket chains with the power to transform magazines from a “convenience” to a “destination” category. The need was obvious with each additional self-scan checkout station and new product category pressuring magazines at the front end. But there was inspiration, too, in the form of the greeting cards category – which had the attractive design, lighting and excitement that traditional mainline magazine fixtures lacked.CMG worked with American Greetings (AGI) to develop the fixturing, but that is only the beginning of a comprehensive magazine program, requiring new partnerships among all members of the supply chain. CMG serves as category captain or consultant to every retail chain in the program, recommending:
- Magazine department location
- Department adjacencies
- Product selection and promotions
Reading Entertainment Zone SPECS
CMG Reading Entertainment Zone fixtures feature:
- Well-lit, promotional end caps that lead customers into the Zone, where ambient lighting highlights title assortment.
- Large poster displays and clamshell magazine holders to feature promoted titles.
- Spinners and cross-merchandising modules
- Interstitial “promotional towers” that draw attention to featured titles, and add to the fixture’s overall, upscale look
- High-quality, modular, wood-and-metal, modular construction in four-foot sections, appropriate for most any supermarket environment.